Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fun In Photoshop

Here are five pictures that show what I’ve been learning with Photoshop. 

1. Advertisements for Move Forward Physical Therapy outside of Carolina Fitness.  Darkening this photograph and boosting the contrast levels made it easier to read the messages on the flyers. I used the sharpen tool to make the reflection of the trees in the left side of the photograph more prominent.





2. Euphoria. I darkened this photograph in order to make the shadows stand out more, from the fence. I darkened the Euphoria sign in order to direct the eye immediately to his aspect of the photograph. I also burned the Twitter post screenshot into the photograph.



3. Snack Works. I sharpened the image in order to make the brick and trail mixes stand out. There is a lot of different textures (ie: wall, trail mixes, wooden floor) in this photograph and the sharpening tool allowed me to them bring out. This is my favorite photograph in my slideshow primarily because of the angle it was shot in as well as the different textures.

4. West End Coffee. I drew attention to the recycled cup that West End Coffee uses through framing. I focused the cup in the foreground of the photograph with the West End Coffee tent in the background. I increased the contrast and made the background darker to further emphasize the cup of coffee. I also burned the Twitter post screenshot into the photograph.

5. Accidental String Band Performing at the Downtown Farmer's Market. I increased the contrast in this photograph. I used the lasso-tool to select and darken the chalkboard in Photoshop in order to make the writing more visible. I also burned the Twitter post screenshot into the photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment